c. Replace rocker lever bushings.
Bushings must be replaced if scratched, pitted, scored or worn beyond
specification in table 3-3.
ST-691 block and mandrel set is used to remove and install lever bushings. One
end is used for removal and other end (shouldered) for installation.
Block is cut out to allow lever to lay flat.
(1) Place rocker lever on block.
(2) With non-shouldered end of mandrel alined with bushing, press bushing out of lever.
COMPRESSED AIR USED FOR CLEANING PURPOSES WILL NOT EXCEED 30 PSI
(207 KPA). USE ONLY WITH EFFECTIVE CHIP GUARDING AND PERSONAL
PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT (GOGGLES, SHIELD, GLOVES, ETC.).
P-D-680 SOLVENT IS POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS. AVOID PROLONGED OR
REPEATED CONTACT WITH SKIN. KEEP AWAY FROM FLAME OR EXCESSIVE
(3) Wipe bore with solvent and blow dry with compressed air.
nose or injector link and adjusting screw are open for oil flow. On intake valve
levers with oil holes to crossover nose, install bushing so nose hole is closed and
bushing slot hole is in line with adjusting screw oil hole.
(4) Place new bushing on shouldered end of mandrel.
(5) Aline bushing oil holes and/or slot with holes in lever bore.
(6) Press bushing into bore until mandrel shoulder contacts lever.
(7) Remove mandrel.
(8) Wipe assembly clean.