(3) Check barrel for cracks.
(4) Check injector barrel surfaces for mutilation and flatness in black areas as shown:
(a) Apply Prussian bluing to both ends of barrel.
(b) Using a surface plate, check surfaces for flatness.
(c) If mutilation or unevenness are found, lap surfaces with a grade A 280 grit lapping compound to
remove mutilation or unevenness.
d. Inspect cup retainer.
(1) Inspect threads for damage.
(2) Check outside cone area for nicks or burrs which could prevent proper seating with sleeve in head.
(3) Inspect inside of cone area on cup seating ledge for nicks and burrs which could prevent cup seating.
e. Inspect ball and seat.
(1) Check ball seat for nicks and burrs. If marred, lap barrel.
CHECK BALL IS MADE OF SPECIAL MATERIAL.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO
SUBSTITUTE WITH A COMMERCIAL BALL. SUBSTITUTION OF CHECK BALL
WILL RESULT IN PREMATURE FAILURE OF INJECTOR.
(2) Check ball for wear or distortion. If defective, replace.