3-81. FUEL PUMP GOVERNOR SPRING PACK REPAIR
a. Remove fuel pump governor spring pack.
Lockwire and lockwire seal prohibit access to governor adjusting screw which is
inside the governor spring pack cover.
(1) Cut lockwire and remove lockwire and seal.
(2) Remove 12-point head capscrews, lockwashers, and flat washers securing spring pack cover, and remove
cover and gasket. Discard gasket.
(3) Remove and discard snapring.
(4) Remove spring retainer, shim, and governor high-speed compression spring.
(5) Remove idle plunger guide.
(6) Remove idle adjusting screw, idle spring plunger, idle spring, and adjusting screw washer from idle plunger
guide. Discard idle spring.