ARMY TM 9-2815-254-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-94-2
FIGURE 3-65. Hot Plug Depression
Inspect combustion chamber as follows:
(1) Remove carbon adhering to inside of combustion chamber. Use care not to damage hot plug fitting posi-
(2) Inspect combustion chamber, hot plug hole, and hot plug machined faces for cracks and other damage.
(3) lf cracks or other damage are found, cylinder heed must be replaced.
Be absolutely certain there are no scratches or protrusions on combus-
tion chamber surfaces which will be in contact with hot plug after it is
installed. These flaws will prevent hot plug from seating correctly.
Inspect hot plugs for excessive wear and other damage. Replace hot plugs if any of these conditions are
Check valve stem and valve guide clearance as follows.
(1) With valve and valve guide in cylinder head, set a dial indicator at zero on valve stem, refer to FIGURE
(2) Move valve heed from side to side and reed dial indicator. Note highest reading.