ARMY TM 9-2815-254-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-94-2
(2) Standard warpage should be 0.002 in. (0.05 mm) or less.
(3) Regrind cylinder head lower face if measurement values are greater than warpage limit of 0.008 in. (0.2
mm), but less than maximum grinding limit of 0.012 in. (0.30 mm)
(4) If warpage exceeds maximum grinding limit, cylinder head must be replaced.
(5) Standard cylinder height as measured on fuel injector side of head is 3.620 to 3.624 in. (91.95 to 92.05
mm), with a limit of 3.612 in. (91.75 mm), refer to FIGURE 3-64.
FIGURE 3-64. Cylinder Head Height (Reference)
(6) If cylinder head lower face is reground, valve depression must be checked in accordance with step h.
Check hot plug depression as follows:
(1) Clean cylinder head lower face, using care not to damage hot plug surfaces, refer to FIGURE 3-65.
(2) Use a straight edge and feeler gage to measure hot plug depression in a straight line from No. 1 to No.
4 hot plug.
(3) If measured value exceeds 0.0008 in. (0.02 mm), replace hot plugs.