ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Remove all covering installed during step a (5).
(2) Ensure all old gasket material is removed from gasket surfaces.
(3) Position hose clamps (1, Figure 3-7) and hose (2) on intake manifold (4).
(4) Position new gasket (5) and intake manifold (4) on cylinder head. Install capscrews (3) and
torque to 52 lb-ft (70 Nm).
(5) Position hose (2) and hose clamps (1) on turbocharger and intake manifold (4). Tighten hose
(6) Install crankcase breather assembly. Refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
4.4.3. EXHAUST MANIFOLD.
The following procedures require complete access to the engine. If
necessary, remove engine from generator set, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
Mount engine on repair stand (NSN 4910-01-016-1835 or equal) as outlined
in paragraph 4.10.
(1) Remove turbocharger, refer to paragraph 4.4.1.
Use guide studs to ease removal.
(2) Remove capscrews (1, Figure 3-8), exhaust manifold (2), and gaskets (3). Discard gaskets.
(3) Remove all residue and gasket material from gasket surfaces.
(4) Thoroughly clean passages in exhaust manifold (2).
(5) Cover all openings to prevent entry of foreign material.
(1) Remove exhaust manifold, refer to step a.
(2) Inspect exhaust manifold for cracks or damage. Inspect machined mounting surfaces for burrs
or other defects which might prevent gaskets from sealing properly. Replace as needed.