ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
Thread sealant can cause damage to fuel system. Do not allow sealant to
get into fuel system. Failure to comply could result in damage to fuel
(3) Apply Thread Lock and Sealer (LOCTITE 242) to threads of fuel lines (6 and 7).
Fuel lines are fragile and can become twisted and damaged during
maintenance. Always use one wrench to hold one fitting stationary while
the other fitting is loosened or tightened. Failure to comply can cause
damage to equipment.
(4) Connect fuel line (7) and install fuel line (6).
(5) Install fuel filter element, refer to paragraph 3.12.2.
(6) Bleed fuel system, refer to paragraph 3.12.1.
4.7. CYLINDER HEAD ASSEMBLY MAINTENANCE
4.7.1. ROCKER ARM COVER.
The following procedures require complete access to the engine. If
necessary, remove engine from generator set, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
Mount engine on repair stand (NSN 4910-01-016-1835 or equal) as outlined
in paragraph 4.10.
(1) Remove plugs (2 and 6, Figure 4-45), nuts (3), O-ring seals (4), rocker arm cover (7) and gasket
(5). Discard O-ring seals and gasket.
(2) Cover all openings to prevent entry of foreign material.
Remove rocker arm cover, refer to step a. Replace cover if bent or damaged. For installation, refer to