ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Remove all covering installed during step a (2).
Do not use any cutting tool to remove gasket material from rocker arm
cover. Failure to comply could result in damage to rocker arm cover.
(2) Insure all gasket material is removed from sealing surfaces.
Do not use sealant on gasket
(3) Position new gasket (5, Figure 4-45) on rocker arm cover (7).
Do not overtighten nuts. Failure to comply could result in damage to gasket
and loss of lubrication oil.
(4) Position rocker arm cover (7) on cylinder head. Install O-ring seals (4) and nuts (3). Torque
nuts to 26 lb-ft (35 Nm), starting at center of rocker arm cover and alternating sides until
(5) Install plugs (2) and (6).
4.7.2. INTAKE AND EXHAUST VALVE CHECKS AND ADJUSTMENTS.
The following procedures require complete access to the engine. If
necessary, remove engine from generator set, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
Mount engine on repair stand (NSN 4910-01-016-1835 or equal) as outlined
in paragraph 4.10.
Setting engine with No. 1 Piston at TDC Compression stroke is required in
many different maintenance steps and is not a stand alone maintenance
(1) Set Engine with No. 1 Piston at TDC (Top Dead Center) Compression Stroke.