ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
FIGURE 4-59. FLYWHEEL AND HOUSING ASSEMBLY
(1) Remove flywheel housing, refer to 4.8.3.a.
(2) Inspect flywheel housing, refer to 4.8.3.b. Replace if damaged.
(3) Install flywheel housing, refer to 4.8.3.d.
(1) Remove all covering installed during 4.8.3.a(5).
(2) Insure all gasket material is removed from sealing surfaces.
(3) Apply Flexible Form-In-Place Gasket (Appendix E) in a continuous 0.06 - 0.08 in. (1.5 - 2 mm)
thick bead (A) to cylinder block as shown in Figure 4-60. Ensure that sealant bead is located in
center of mating surfaces and completely encircle bolt holes.
(4) Install two guide studs in bolt holes (Figure 4-60).