ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(8) Attach Driver and thrust washer to guide plate with capscrew. Tighten capscrew until driver
bottoms on pilot.
(9) Remove seal driver and pilot plate. Check that seal and wear sleeve assembly is properly
positioned on crankshaft flange and installed evenly in flywheel housing bore.
(10) Install flywheel, refer to paragraph 4.8.1.d.
4.8.3. FLYWHEEL HOUSING.
The following procedures require complete access to the engine. If
necessary, remove engine from generator set, refer to TM 9-6115-671-14.
Mount engine on repair stand (NSN 4910-01-016-1835 or equal) as outlined
in paragraph 4.10.
(1) Remove starter, refer to paragraph 4.3.2.
(2) Remove flywheel, refer to paragraph 4.8.1.
(3) Remove crankshaft rear oil seal and wear sleeve, refer to paragraph 4.8.2.
Flywheel housing is heavy. Provide adequate lifting device to support
weight. Failure to comply could result in serious personal injury.
(4) Remove bolts (4, Figure 4-59), bolts (6) and flywheel housing (1).
(5) Cover all openings to prevent entry of foreign material.
(1) Remove flywheel housing, refer to 4.8.3.a.
(2) Thoroughly clean flywheel housing gasket surface using brass scraper.
(3) Inspect flywheel housing for cracks, corrosion, or other forms of damage. Repair or replace as
(4) Install flywheel housing, refer to 4.8.3.d.