ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Remove drain plug (3, Figure 3-15) and O-ring seal (4). Discard fuel filter element and O-ring
seal in a safe place in accordance with local regulations.
(2) Inspect fuel filter base (9) for cleanliness. Clean as required.
(3) Thoroughly inspect seal ring (5) for cracks and other damage. Replace as needed.
(1) Position O-ring seal (4, Figure 3-15) on drain plug (3) and install drain plug (3) on new fuel
filter element (2).
Fuel filter element must be indexed properly and key on fuel filter element
must be oriented in slot of fuel filter base for correct installation.
(2) Position new fuel filter element (2) on fuel filter base (9) using a slight rocking motion. Insure
that fuel filter element is properly indexed on fuel filter base.
(3) Position retaining ring (1) on fuel filter base (9) and tighten about 1/3 turn until retaining ring
"snaps" into detent. Do not overtighten retaining ring.
(4) Bleed fuel system, refer to paragraph 3.12.1.
3.12.3. FUEL TRANSFER SUPPLY PUMP.
a. Test, on Engine.
Dirt in the fuel system can damage components or cause poor engine
performance. Always thoroughly clean the area around connection
before disconnecting. Always cover all openings after disconnecting.
Failure to comply can cause damage to components or poor engine
(1) Thoroughly clean outside surface of fuel filter and surrounding area.
Diesel and JP fuels are flammable and toxic to eyes, skin, and
respiratory tract. Skin and eye protection required. Avoid
repeated/prolonged contact. Provide adequate ventilation. Failure to
comply could result in serious injury or death.