ARMY TM 9-2815-259-24
AIR FORCE TO 38G1-125-2
MARINE CORPS 09249A/09246A-24
(1) Remove all covering installed during step b (4).
(2) Ensure all old gasket material is removed from gasket surfaces.
(3) Apply Thread Lock and Sealer (LOCTITE 242) to threads of capscrews (1, Figure 3-16).
Pump lever must be positioned above fuel supply pump push rod before
fuel supply pump can be installed.
(4) Position o-ring (4) and fuel supply pump (3) on engine block. Install flat washers (2) and
capscrews (1). Torque capscrews evenly to 22 lb-ft (30 Nm).
Thread sealant can cause damage to fuel system. Do not allow sealant to
get into fuel system. Failure to comply could result in damage to fuel
(5) Apply Thread Lock and Sealer (LOCTITE 242) to threads of fuel inlet (7) and fuel outlet (8).
Fuel lines are fragile and can become twisted and damaged during
maintenance. Always use one wrench to hold one fitting stationary
while the other fitting is loosened or tightened. Failure to comply can
cause damage to equipment.
(6) Install fuel line (6). Reconnect fuel supply line to fuel inlet (7, Figure 3-16). Torque fuel lines to
22 lb-ft (30 Nm).
(7) Bleed fuel system, refer to paragraph 3.12.1.
3.12.4. FUEL LINES.
Fuel injection pump gets very hot during operation. Never steam clean
or pour water on fuel injection pump while fuel injection pump is
running or warm. Failure to comply could cause seizure of internal
Dirt in the fuel system can damage components or cause poor engine
performance. Always thoroughly clean the area around connection
before disconnecting. Always cover all openings after disconnecting.
Failure to comply can cause damage to components or poor engine