T M 9 - 2 8 1 5 - 2 0 2 - 3 4
Do not remove bearing cups (13
and 14) and spacer ring (15) unless
loose or damaged.
(5) Tap bearing cups (13 and 14) and
outer spacer ring (15) out of idler gear
(16) using a brass rod alternating
around four notches on shoulder of
Compressed air used for cleaning purposes will not exceed 30 PSI. Use
only with effective chip guarding and personal protective equipment
( g o g g l e s / s h i e l d , g l o v e s , e t c ) .
(1) Clean all parts using fuel oil. Dry with compressed air.
(2) Inspect all parts and replace if worn or damaged.
Replace bearing cones, cups, and spacer rings as
(3) Coat all parts with engine oil.
Place idler gear (16) shoulder down
on bed of arbor press.
Place inner bearing cup (13),
numbered side up, into bore of gear.
Press bearing cup against shoulder of
gear (16) using a steel plate under
ram of arbor press.
Lay outer spacer ring (15) on face of
bearing cup (13).
4 - 8 9