d. Install piston pin bushing.
Standard size and oversize (thick wall) bushings are installed with same tool.
(1) Slide new bushing onto ST-1242 mandrel.
(2) Position driver then cup on mandrel.
(3) Secure cup to mandrel with locking pin.
(4) Place rod on block
(5) Insert mandrel in bushing bore.
(6) Aline driver with middle of boss on rod.
BUSHING ALINES WITH HOLE IN
ROD. MISALINEMENT CAN CAUSE
RESULTING IN RAPID BUSHING
WEAR AND FAILURE.
(7) Press bushing in rod until driver seats
against rod boss.
(8) Check oil hole alinement by passing 1/8
in. (3.175 mm) rod through bushing into